Thursday, June 4, 2009

June 4, 2009 - 9:00 AM

Paula arrived at UCLA yesterday evening at about 5. She was immediately examined by the neurologist on staff and was then examined again later in the evening. She slept through the night and is resting comfortably at the moment. We are scheduled for a new spinal tap and another MRI sometime today. She is currently nonresponsive. Her dogs are watching over her from their picture taped to the side of the bed. I have also hired a group of private nurses to be with her 24/7.

5 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear that Paula is in the hospital. Please keep us updated. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know we're thinking of both of you and sending all of our love and positive thoughts. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your friends during this terrible time. We care so much about both of you! Heidi & Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff and Paula,
    My heart and prayers go out to you both. I know the Lord has a plan and its better in Heaven, but it seems so unfair. Please don't hesitate to ask me for help. I will do what I can and prayers will go up everyday.
    Nancy B(aka) Groomer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff its times like these you just dont know what to say or how to convey the sincere sadness that we have. Unfortunately, we never met Paula. However having the priveledge of knowing you, we know she must be great person. Our sincere condolences are with you and want to let you know that our thoughts and prayers will be with you and Paula daily. Praying for you both and here for anything you may need.

    Eric and Sheri Schauwecker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Jeff,
    I just received the very sad news of Paula's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Please keep in touch.
    Thinking of you - your old friend
    Mary Jane McCracken
    mjmccracken@knology.net

    ReplyDelete