Monday, June 15, 2009

June 15, 20009 - 11:10

Let me start by thanking you all for the postings here and on Facebook and on the skating forums, emails, phone calls and cards. I have read every single one of them and they have provided me much comfort.

Just to update everyone on what is next. After her passing, Paula was taken to UCLA so that the neurology department could study whatever they could so that perhaps someday in the future someone will benefit from her experience. That is what she would have wanted.

She is now with the Neptune Society where they will cremate her and then return her remains to me. There will be no formal funeral service but we will be having a celebration of her life sometime in the next couple of months. I will keep everyone posted as plans are finalized.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jeff,
    Thank you very much. I saw Paula's memorial in the Ventura County Star and you did a beautiful job honoring her life.

    xoxo, Donna and Denny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jeff It has been an honor having Paula as a friend,she was an amazing person.She has left a legacy behind with the adult figure skating program ,she was so dedicated .She made many memories for us .You have shown so much strength ,compassion,tenderness and love toward Paula.She would be so proud of you,you did exactly what she would have wanted and with such sweetness.Thank you for taking care of my friend and your soulmate.Your friend,Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what life to celebrate.... I am in awe of all of the things Paula did in the time she had on this earth, and how she did them in such an exemplary fashion. Not only did she love people -- and animals -- they all loved her back. To me, this is the true measure of a life well lived.

    ReplyDelete